Facts about the work we do
Some interesting facts about our services 2014-15:
- We received 1100 crisis & information calls
- 101 individuals stayed at our shelter. 69 women & 32 children
- Of the women & children staying at our shelter 64% stayed up to 30 days 36% up to 120 days.
- 64% identified psychological & physical abuse for their stay
- 85% of the children knew and expressed they were at shelter due to family violence
- We received 81 Police referrals
- We accompanied 40 women to legal appointments including Provincial and Family Court.
- Outreach Counselling Services worked with 72 women individually